There are many different orthopedic (foot orthotics) products that are devised to help relieve the pain and aches caused by injury, repetitive activity, and post surgery. Orthopedic (foot orthotics) products in Elmvale, Owen Sound, Kincardine, Walkerton, and Wasaga Beach can make life changes to all individuals suffering from aches and pains.
An ankle orthosis or knee orthosis may be used to:
- Control, immobilize a joint or body segment for a specific reason
- Restrict movement in a particular direction
- Assist movement on a daily basis
- Reduce weight bearing issues
- Aid in recovery from injury/fractures after the removal of a cast
- Correct the function of the body to provide easier movement or to reduce pain and aches
A knee orthosis in Collingwood is a brace that extends above and below the knee joint and is used to support the knee. In the case of diseases that cause impairment of muscles surrounding the knee, a knee orthosis can prevent flexion or extension of the knee. An ankle orthosis is designed to fit as a shoe insert or ankle brace. An orthotic like these are commonly used to treat many conditions of the ankle and foot.
An ankle orthosis in Collingwood or a knee orthosis in Collingwood can make all the difference to the quality of a person’s life.