Orthopedic braces can offer a drug-free treatment plan for injuries involving the back, hips, knees, ankles, feet, and more. Injuries or illnesses that affect any part of the body can cause a cascading effect that influences other parts of the body.
As your body compensates for injuries or pain in an attempt to reduce pain or due to limited mobility, other parts of the body may become involved that were fine before. The goal of orthopedic braces is not only to address the injured area, but also to avoid this compounding effect that can have devastating effects on a person’s quality of life.
Orthopedic braces mitigate the chances of further injury and discomfort by:
- Increasing stability by maintaining proper alignment and preventing undesirable movement
- Reducing pain caused by the instability and inflammation that results from injury by both stabilizing the area and relieving pressure
- Absorbing the shocks that inevitably result from walking and other activities
- Providing support and extra strength that acts to prevent further injury during activity
- Stopping or slowing the progression of diseases that are degenerative in nature, like scoliosis and rheumatoid arthritis
- Immobilizing fractures to protect bones and promote faster healing
- Accommodating abnormalities of the feet or other parts of the body
At York Foot Orthotics and Bracing, our team specializes in working to give you a pain-free life. We make custom braces and orthotics, many of which are made in-house by our certified orthotist. Our goal is to support you to alleviate your pain, support your body, reduce inflammation, and allow you to live your best, pain-free life. Give us a call today to see how we can best support you with custom orthotics and bracing devices!