Orthopedic braces can be used to aid healing of a body part after an injury or ailment. The most common areas where they are used are the ankle, back, knee, wrist, and elbow. There are a wide variety of situations which can be helped by orthopedic braces, so if you are experiencing any of the following, you are an ideal candidate who should talk with a medical professional to learn if you are a patient who could be helped by orthopedic braces.
- Foot injury or a condition such as edema, drop foot, fallen arch, or tendonitis.
- Ankle injury, weak ankles, ankle stability issues, and assistance with post-cast rehabilitation.
- Knee injury or to protect against injury while involved in an athletic endeavour.
- Back injury, need for lumbar support, scoliosis or another posture issue, or dealing with back pain during pregnancy.
- Wrist injury, such as a sprain, carpal tunnel syndrome, tendonitis, or post-cast rehabilitation.
- Elbow or shoulder injury, such as ligament issues, rotator cuff issue, soft tissue sprain, or need of assistance with post-cast rehabilitation.
If you are experiencing ankle pain, knee pain, or foot pain and are wondering if an orthopedic brace could prove helpful, reach out to us at York Foot Orthotics and Bracing. We can help you say goodbye to pain and hello to comfort for everything from sports injuries to arthritis. We create custom orthopedic braces that will give you the support you need so that healing can take place. Reach out today to learn more or to schedule an appointment.